– The Google app was categorized as a virus on some Huawei and HONOR phones.
– The virus detection and removal engine on Huawei devices comes from Avast.
– Huawei is aware of the issue and has provided a solution to fix the problem.
– Users can navigate to Settings -> Apps -> Optimizer -> Storage and clear cache and data to fix the issue. They can also update the antivirus software through the Optimizer app.
Google App Categorized as a Virus on Huawei and HONOR Phones
The Google app being categorized as a virus on certain Huawei and HONOR phones has gained a lot of attention recently. Huawei has now provided an explanation for this issue.
Huawei Explains the Reason Behind the Virus Detection
It is important to note that the virus detection and removal engine on Huawei devices is provided by Avast. Huawei states that some parts of the latest version of the Google app, released on October 27, have been modified. These modifications caused Avast to trigger the virus infection warning.
Solution Offered by Huawei
Huawei is aware of the issue and has offered a solution. In case of any inquiries, Huawei suggests visiting their official website’s support hotline for assistance.
Steps to Fix the Problem
In order to resolve this problem, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> Apps -> Optimizer -> Storage -> Clear Cache & Clear Data.
2. Open the Optimizer app and click on ‘Settings’ in the upper right corner.
3. Select Wi-Fi and mobile data for Antivirus software update.
4. Once the ‘Update Complete’ message appears, ensure you are connected to the internet.
5. Open the Google app to check if the problem has been resolved.
An Annoying Issue Caused by Avast’s Software
Although this issue has annoyed many people, mistakes happen. This time, the issue was due to Avast’s software, which neither Huawei nor Avast could have predicted because of Google’s changes to its Android app. By following the steps provided, the problem should be fixed.