1. Pre-orders for the entire iPhone 15 lineup have begun and shipping times for the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max have already been pushed to mid-October.
2. The iPhone 15 Pro is now slated for October 4-9, while the iPhone 15 Pro Max is slated for October 9-16, indicating high demand for the Pro Max model.
3. Apple Stores will have units available for purchase on launch day, so if you missed out on pre-orders, you can try your luck at a local store.
4. The iPhone 15 Pro Max has the biggest changes compared to the other models and is experiencing high demand, likely due to battery issues with the previous series.
5. Apple Stores typically open earlier on iPhone launch day, around 8:30 AM on Friday, September 22.
Pre-Orders for iPhone 15 Lineup Now Available
Today, pre-orders started for the entire iPhone 15 lineup. If you missed the 8AM ET pre-order start time, you’ll have to wait for your new iPhone as shipping times for the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max have already slipped to mid-October.
Looking at Apple’s website, it seems that the iPhone 15 Pro is now slated for October 4-9, while the iPhone 15 Pro Max is now slated for October 9-16. This indicates that there is potentially higher demand for the Pro Max model or Apple did not produce as many as the regular Pro, or both.
Apple Stores to Have Units Available on Launch Day
Next Friday marks the launch day for the new iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max, as well as the regular and Plus models. Apple typically has a number of units available in-store for purchase on launch day, including various storage and color variants. If you didn’t get the model you wanted during pre-order, you can try your luck at your local Apple Store on Friday.
Just remember to arrive early as Apple Stores usually open earlier on iPhone launch day, which is their busiest day of the year. Most stores will open around 8:30AM on Friday, September 22.
The iPhone 15 Pro Max has the most significant changes among the four models this year, which explains its higher demand. Additionally, many people, including myself, are opting for the bigger model due to battery issues experienced with the 14 series. Hopefully, you were able to secure a pre-order before the shipping dates slipped to next month. However, it may still be worth checking with the carriers for availability on launch day.