1. Samsung may launch the Galaxy S24 series earlier than expected, potentially in January 2024.
2. The production volume of the Galaxy S24 series is expected to increase by about ten percent compared to the Galaxy S23 series.
3. Samsung aims to produce 30 million units of the Galaxy S24, Galaxy S24+, and Galaxy S24 Ultra combined.
4. The Ultra model is expected to outsell the other two models, with a production volume of 15 million units.
5. Samsung has reportedly told its suppliers to start mass production of components for the Galaxy S24 series in November, indicating an earlier launch than previous years.
Samsung May Launch Galaxy S24 Series Earlier Than Expected
Samsung is rumored to unveil the Galaxy S24 series in January 2024, earlier than originally anticipated. The company will also increase production by approximately ten percent compared to the Galaxy S23 series, likely due to the earlier release. Samsung hopes to capitalize on the rebounding smartphone industry to drive sales.
According to ET News, Samsung plans to produce a total of 30 million units of the Galaxy S24, Galaxy S24+, and Galaxy S24 Ultra. This volume represents a ten percent increase from the production volume of the 2023 flagships. Samsung sold 19 million units of the Galaxy S23 series in the first six months after launch, a 23 percent increase from the Galaxy S22 series.
The Ultra model is expected to outsell the other two models, with Samsung notifying partners of a production volume of 15 million units for the Ultra model and 7.5 million units each for the base Galaxy S24 and Galaxy S24+.
The Galaxy S24 Series May Arrive Earlier Than Expected
Samsung may be boosting Galaxy S24 production to accommodate an earlier release. The company has instructed suppliers to begin mass production of components in November, suggesting that the Galaxy S24 series could launch in the first half of January next year. Industry insiders have also supported this speculation, noting that Samsung plans to use Qualcomm’s next-gen flagship SoC, which will be available a month earlier than usual.
However, further reports are needed to confirm the early launch of the Galaxy S24. An industry official stated that the release schedule has not yet been determined and will be strategically decided by Samsung Electronics. The possibility of an early release exists, as Samsung has previously launched products ahead of schedule, such as their foldable phones.