– YouTube TV is a streaming live TV service offered by Google that has over 100 channels.
– It was designed for those looking to cut the cord from cable and still watch cable channels.
– YouTube TV offers unique features like an unlimited cloud DVR and availability on multiple platforms.
– The cost of YouTube TV is $72.99 per month for the base package, with additional premium add-ons available.
– It is available on a wide range of supported devices, including Android, iOS, smart TVs, and gaming consoles.
What is YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is Google’s streaming live TV service, offering over 100 channels. It was designed for cord-cutters who still want access to cable channels without being tied to a cable box. YouTube TV has gained popularity despite regular price increases and now costs $72.99 per month.
YouTube TV is the only streaming service with PBS and offers an unlimited cloud DVR service, making it attractive to those looking to switch from cable providers like Comcast, Cox, AT&T, and Verizon.
The service initially launched in 2017 with around 60 channels for $35 per month. Since then, it has expanded its channel offerings and raised prices. In 2020, YouTube TV added all the ViacomCBS channels, increasing the monthly cost to $65.
YouTube TV stands out with its unlimited cloud DVR and availability across various platforms. It is compatible with Android, iOS, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, Roku OS, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and many smart TVs.
The base package costs $72.99 per month and includes over 85 channels. Additional premium networks like HBO, Showtime, and STARZ can be added for extra fees. YouTube TV also offers add-on packages, such as the Sports Plus package and the Spanish Plus package.
On June 28, 2021, YouTube TV introduced the 4K Plus add-on, allowing subscribers to stream in 4K and download content for offline viewing. In September 2022, standalone channels became available for subscription without needing the base YouTube TV plan.
Overall, YouTube TV offers a robust lineup of channels, features, and flexible pricing options for those looking to cut the cord and switch to a streaming TV service.